Friday, November 19, 2010

My first blog-asm...

So, I've been meaning to start a blog for some time now. After reading a friend's blog a few times, it inspired me to get off my ass (or, in this case, on my ass) and do it! And, here I am, finally on board.

You'd think, having a degree in creative writing, I would have joined the blog-o-sphere earlier. Various factors played a role in this delay: work, remodels, work, pregnancy, dogs, work, 100s of meals, and, now, a toddler to chase after.

After years on the shelf, my writing skills are a bit dusty so you may have to bear with me while I grease the wheels of creativity. Sometimes grease can be derived from wine, beer, or other vices. Free time for writing may only happen in the late of evening....after one or more vices have been consumed.

It is now November, and winter has encroached on our small town. While there is only a compacted inch of snow, more is sure to come. The firewood is piled high, sweaters have been pulled from tupperware and shorts now fill their storage space, hats and gloves are scattered throughout the house and the most-loved gear of summer is now tightly rolled tubes of PVC stacked in the shed awaiting unroll in the spring.


My skis and snowboard, however, are still covered in dust and cobwebs. Spiders are seeking warmth in the cush of my bindings. Although there is a bit of snow, there is not nearly enough to go sliding around all willy-nilly. Perhaps one or two more weeks will release enough sky dander to actually recreate upon!

Prestyn, now 2, is in for an exciting winter. Walking and running no longer a challenge, it's time to strap on some short little skis and watch her flail in the fluffy white. I think she will LOVE it. For the last two winters she has been towed behind me while skiing in her plush chariot - lucky girl! I do all the work, and she cheers on the downhill.




This year I'm hoping to do less towing and more laughing!  We'll see how it goes...I envision lots of runny noses and freezing fingers.











1 comment:

  1. what are these "other vices" you speak of? ;)
    i'm so glad you're doing this. it's actually therapeutic for me to get on my blogger a few times a month and write stuff that no one really wants to hear. i don't care, though! HAHA! totally kidding. sometimes it's just another thing on my to-do list, but i try not to think of it like that too often.

    ReplyDelete