Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blessing of your heart, you brew good ale. -Shakespeare

My favorite way to welcome winter, other than the naked snow dance, is to get my hands around a nice cold Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome Ale. By far my favorite beer. I would definitely drink it all year long if possible.

There's nothing like a good brown beer on a cold winter day. And this one surpasses all others. If you haven't tried it, you must roll down to your nearest beer barn and pick one up. You won't be disappointed, I guarantee it. (Unless you're my father and you like watered-down, bloat your belly, burp for two hours, pathetic attempt at flavor beer...aka Bud Light.)

"The full body resulting from fermentation in stone Yorkshire squares and the luxurious malt character, which will appeal to a broad range of drinkers, is balanced against whole-dried Fuggle and Golding hops with nuances and complexities that should be contemplated before an open fire."

Gotta get me some Fuggle...

With my Sammy Smith, frosty mug, and wool sweater, I'm ready to see what the forecast holds for Thanksgiving week. And this is what I like to see....


Late
Afternoon


Snow

Hi 38 °F
 Tonight


Snow

Lo 11 °F
 Monday


Snow

Hi 23 °F
 Monday
Night


Snow
Likely
Lo 1 °F
 Tuesday


Slight Snow
Hi 29 °F
 Tuesday 
Night


Snow
Likely
Lo 1 °F
Wednesday


Snow
Likely
Hi 23 °F
 Wednesday
Night


Blowing
Snow
Lo -8 °F
 Thanksgiving
Day


Mostly
Sunny
Hi 16 °F










Better head back to the store and get more Winter Welcome to usher in the 2010-2011 ski season!

1 comment:

  1. awesome! i'll have to find some tight wrangler jeans and turtle necks for prestyn. ;)
    matt is obsessed with the arrogant bastid; if you haven't given it a whirl, try it! :)

    ReplyDelete